Sunday, March 23, 2008

San Miguel, Muy Bueno

Above is the beginning of the painting I started on the downtown rooftop of one of the women in Ros' painting group. There were some beautiful vistas visible from that spot, however, I chose to paint the other rooftops that created some fun patterns. To the right is the start of a painting from the top of the intersection of Garita and Real a Queretaro with views of two of the many domes of San Miguel de Allende. There are some issues with this painting at this time which I plan to work out, but it was quite a challenge. Being Holy Week, which I learned is the busiest time of year for this special city, the traffic on the road in front of me was relentless with busses passing by every minute or so along with all kinds of cars. The noise levels were deafening, and the funny thing is, I thought I found a nice, protected area to paint with a great view!




To the left is the beginning of a painting near the mercado. There was alot of activity which has not been noted yet, I think I will add some figures and refine the buildings so they make more sense. This is the product of a morning's worth of work with lots of wind and traffic but again, a wonderful place to be. I hope I get to go back some day.

One of the altars on the street during Holy Week. There were altars all over the place.
Taking some time out in Guanajuato....

7 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Paula, they are all beautiful.
Well designed. Great color.
I want to go there with you sometime.

Paula Villanova said...

Thanks Mary! I KNOW that you would create some knockout paintings there! Mine are unfinished, but I thought I would post anyway and post them again upon completion...I just hope that's really soon!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Paula, they look great! Thank you for posting. I miss my camera so much!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Paula, thanks for visiting my blog. I just love opening my email and seeing that I have visitors.
What are you up to?

LUCIANO FIGUEIREDO said...

Hi Paula,
Your work is amazing! The colors, scenes... and specially your positive attitude. Your blog is a healing for the spirit!
Congratulations,
Luciano Figueiredo

Paula Villanova said...

Thanks Mary, Kelley, and welcome Luciano! I'm glad you are all visiting my blog and sharing your thoughts; your comments mean alot. I just hope to be posting the updated stuff before long. Kelley, I hope your camera turns up soon!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Thanks for you comment on my banyan tree. The abstract quality of the painting is the best part, methinks.
I really loved painting the watercolor version. I think I'm on to something.
Great to see Luciano here. He's one of my blog buddies :D