Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Test Pattern

So, it's been awhile...but a good stretch with much going on. I made a decision to leave my job awhile ago and my last day was a week and a half ago. I have had my parents visiting since last week through next week which has been nice since they live out of state, a family party, and a painting demo at the NRAS...it's been busy to say the least, taking this new found time to clean house and work around the yard, although not much time for painting....yet. Beginning June 16, painting will be my focus for the short term anyway; I needed to take some time to make this happen. I have so much I want to paint, but my past time commitments have been such that I just couldn't make it work the way I needed to, and for at least a brief while, I will be able to immerse into the world as I think it should be, and then take it from there. We'll see...Anyway, the great news is, I have made it into a couple of juried shows, and won awards in one juried and one members' show...it's a nice segue into my new direction. I will most likely not post for a few more weeks, but I'm already looking forward to my next entry.


6 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I'm happy for you and congratulations on the awards!
I hope we can take a jeep trip in July.
Thanks for stopping by my 'unfinished' Del's painting. On the way home I saw a beautiful yellow caboose at Marshfield Fair Grounds and stopped to "seize the moment". Got a good block in but had no memory stick in the camera to take a photo of the late afternoon light so I'll return. By the way they have a Farmer's Market there every Friday during the summer with a yellow striped tent. We need to meet there and paint.

Paula Villanova said...

Any Friday after June 13 works for me! Can't wait to travel the South Shore with my trusty paints and easel in the company of other crazy art people! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Looking forward to the 'unleashed' Paula! I vote yes on the tent - I have to go to Marshfield anyway the folowing friday - the 20th, leaving around 3 p.m. for the opening of the cape show at 4... You guys are the best!

Nini said...

Mum, I think the awards and acceptances are a sign that you're supposed to do this painting thing full time for a while.

Paula Villanova said...

Thanks...I do hope you are right...I plan to give it my best shot...

Nini said...

Um, I think you owe us another blog post lady!