Saturday, July 12, 2008

Garden Magic

Painting in Lynn's garden is always a treat...and a challenge. Flowers are a real excercise for me because as Ros pointed out in one of her classes many years ago..."God already made the flowers pretty..." meaning...we had to translate them to the painting in a way that made an image that reflected our own creativity....man, is it difficult...but this is my latest try. The actual colors are deeper and more intense (with no glare!) so I will attempt to reshoot this...(again!!!)

4 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I like it! How big is it? Could be B-I-G!

Paula Villanova said...

Thanks Kelley...good idea to do it really big! (Believe it or not, this one is small for me, 18x24...)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

another beauty. You have a recognizable look Paula. I love it.

Paula Villanova said...

Thanks Mary...I miss being able to run upstairs and see the picture of Wendl in your studio window...one of my first memories at the Codman...it was just about a year ago.....sigh...